Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm a statistic.

Yes folks, I'm a statistic. I'm a statistic of this horrible economy. I got laid off yesterday from my perfect part-time, work-from-home job. For the past 9 months I've been working from home for a Recruiting company in the games (video games) industry. It was perfect!! I worked when I could (mostly while Rocklin was napping or playing on his own, and sometimes in the evenings). I was able to set my own schedule and got paid to put my skills to use. And then I got "temporarily laid-off" because of this crap economy we're currently in. Down-sized. Dang it!! I've begun looking for another way to bring income in while also being able to spend time with my sweet son. I know I've been blessed to this point to be able to spend my days with him and I hope and pray I can figure something else out now! Wish me luck. Or pray for me. Or both.

On another note, thanks to everyone who commented and left suggestions for my goal of monthly meal planning. I've started for March and am already so excited that for this entire week I don't even have to think about what to make for dinner...all I have to do is look at the calendar on the fridge!! For anyone who is interested, we're having pork chops and scalloped potatoes for dinner tomorrow. :) Oh, one more thing, for those who wanted me to report on how the fondant worked out for me since I bragged about trying it and making this incredible cake for Rocklin's first birthday...well...I didn't make it. I didn't even try. I really wanted to, but his birthday snuck up on me and before I know it I was making cupcakes and threw the fondant idea out the window!! I still want to try it, and when I do, I'll be sure to report how it worked out for me.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Hey, join my club. I got canned 2 weeks ago. I hope you're able to find something else...enjoy the time with Rocklin!

Sarah Young said...

That sucks. Hopefully something equally as perfect will come along!

Alison said...

Sorry to hear about that. Jared just lost his job as well. We are praying (as I know many people are right now) that we can find a way to make things work, especially since he's the only one earning money for our family. Good luck with everything!

Cherie (and sometimes Senor) said...

Hi Kristen, This is Amanda Goodwin (now Merrell) from old NP ward! I just read your post on making monthly menus and I started doing that a while back (I just used my gmail calendar) and it's at the bottom of our blog. I usually try to cut and paste the recipe as well just so I can keep track easier. anyways, it's not too challenging, just the week before the end of each month I sit down and schedule out a menu. We occasionally alter it but not too often. If you need more info/suggestions let me know! I acutally did a whole 8 mos of menus for my mom for Christmas with each recipe. I also have a grocery list template that I keep printed on the fridge so each week we can check off what we need and off to the store!