Friday, February 29, 2008
1. Patience. All you experienced mothers out there are probably thinking I have no idea what patience is yet, but I feel like I've come a long way since having Rocklin. Getting up 12 times in a row to put the binki back in his mouth when he's trying to go to sleep in the middle of the night doesn't even phase me anymore.
2. Love. I am learning the meaning of true love more each and every day as I look at the sweet face of my little son. Last night during his 3 AM feeding, I was just staring at him thinking how I didn't even care that it was the middle of the night and he has woken me up because he's hungry. I happily held and fed him and just said a little prayer to my Heavenly Father thanking him for trusting me and sending me such a sweet and special spirit to raise. (Don't get me wrong, there are times when he wakes me up at 3 AM that I'd much rather be sleeping, but last night I was having a moment of thankfulness).
3. The beauty of a good swaddle blanket and a binki. HA! Seriously though, I swear I went through so many receiving blankets before finding some that didn't shrink and were big enough to do a tight swaddle to keep Rocklin tight and cozy so he could sleep good. Like most new babies, he loves to be swaddled. Between the swaddle and the binki, he's in new baby heaven.
4. I will never not worry about my child(ren). Last weekend my brother and his fiance watched Rocklin so Adam and I could go out to dinner with some friends. I called home three times and thought about him the entire time. As a mother, I think now I'll always be thinking about my kid no matter where I am or what I'm doing. I hope I don't get to the obnoxious point with it, and I'm sure as time goes on I won't worry as much, but I know I'll always be thinking of him.
5. Support. By support, I am referring to the fact that I've learned to truly appreciate what am amazing and wonderful support system I have in my life. It was rough at first for me trying to adjust being a mom, and I'm sure I'll have more rough times here and there, but during these times I have realized to really and truly appreciate my husband, my parents, my brothers, Adam's family and all of my many amazing friends... My husband is the most caring, loving and patient man I know. I knew I loved him before having a baby, but he has taught me the meaning of unconditional love and support.
I'll stop with 5. There are so many other things that I could write, but I'll save those for a future post. I am learning to love my new life as a Mom, and as I go on, I'm realizing I couldn't be happier!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Rocklin getting in some snuggle time with Grandma Linda:
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Rocklin says, "I do love my binks, although Mommy thinks she's real funny with my 'mute button' binki that her friends gave me. I actually prefer my big huge 'soothie' binki, but I guess I'll entertain Mommy with this one for a while."
Rocklin says, "I know this isn't the best picture of me since you can't see my cute face, but I wanted to show off my cute teddy bear onsie outfit that my adorable cousin Gracie gave to me! You can't see my pants, but they're brown and I almost fit into them like a big boy! Also, you can kind of see my cool blonde hair, it's so fluffy!"
Monday, February 18, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
We had Rocklin's newborn pictures taken this past weekend and some of the pictures have been posted on our photographer's blog. The pictures are precious!! I can't wait to see all of the pictures. Here's a link to a sneak preview of the pictures:
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Ah, there it is...
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
We went to the doctor today, and Rocklin's weight is up to 5 lbs. 14.7 oz. I have a feeling he'll be a little chubber before we know it!
Saturday, February 2, 2008
The happy couple:
Daniel, Kevin, Aaron & Adam: