Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Teeny Tiny

Before Rocklin was born, both Adam and I thought he was going to be a big baby. Adam was 9 lbs. 10 oz. when he was born and I was 7 lb. 9 oz. We thought for sure Rocklin would be at least 8 lbs. To our surprise, our little guy was a month early and only weighed 5 lbs. 3 oz. at birth, and was only 4 lbs. 12 oz. when we brought him home from the hospital. We were so not prepared for a preemie...no teeny clothes, teeny diapers, etc. All of the clothes we had were either newborn or 0 - 3 months. We got a couple of preemie clothing items at the baby shower. My friend D'Ann got us these adorable little preemie pants. Check out the size difference to get an idea how teeny tiny Rocklin actually is (the jeans are size 0 - 3 months and the baby blue pants are preemie size):

We went to the doctor today, and Rocklin's weight is up to 5 lbs. 14.7 oz. I have a feeling he'll be a little chubber before we know it!

2 comments:

Salt H2O said...

oh my, he's tiny!!! I'm so glad he's healthy.

Kristine said...

Congratulations on your beautiful little boy! I had big boys, so I cannot relate to the small little love. Lucky you, one month short on pregnancy sounds like a dream - I was 2 weeks late with Cole. Ughhh. You had a hard 1st pregnancy - don't worry every pregnancy is different - enjoy your little muffin - the hard first 3 months will be over before you know it, and then sleep will be just around the corner. I promise!