Monday, September 29, 2008
This past weekend, we drove to California for a funeral (Adam's cousin Tina). When I say we, I mean Adam, Katie, Ryan, Kristie, Kacie, Rocklin and me. All of us in our Tahoe. Even though it was a bit of a tight squeeze, the ride actually wasn't that bad. (At least for me...the other's might say different). At one point during the trip, I turned around and I saw this (everyone looks cozy to me!):
Rocklin got to spend time with his grandparents who he hasn't seen since April. I snapped a photo of Grandpa Ron holding Rock, but sadly I didn't get one of Linda. Rocklin had fun playing with his Grandpa!
While we were in California, I was thinking in my head how I don't really ever want to live there. Why you ask? Here are 5 random reasons:
- Traffic. And LOTS of it. And LOTS is an understatement.
- Freeways. The freeways in California vibrate. No smooth sailing there. When you're driving down the road, your car vibrates on all the uneven freeways. Tough crap for you if you get motion sickness.
- Motorcycles. You'll just be driving down the freeway, going the speed limit and minding your own business, and then zoooooooooom, out of nowhere, a motorcycle comes flying by, squeezing between you and the guy driving right next to you. It scares me. Not because I feel unsafe, but because I don't want to be the witness to a guy on a motorcycle getting rammed by a car who was innocently trying to change lanes.
- Liberals. And a lot of them. Enough said.
- Tax. Tax you may ask? Yes, tax. Adam surprised me when we were there and bought me this new cell phone, which I love. (Isn't it cute?!) Anyway, we got a good deal on it, but when we went to pay they made us pay the tax on the full retail price of the phone isn't of the discounted price. The guy at the counter said it was some California law. What the heck?
Now let me end on a positive note and give you one reason I would want to live there. And if you've ever had one of these, you know exactly what I mean. Donuts. I'm not like a huge donut connoisseur, however ,the donuts in southern California are GOOD. The sugar one in the bottom left had my name written all over it.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
This post is really for Rocklin's grandma's because I think only grandma's appreciate this type of baby footage (you know the kind - where the kid just kind of sits there and interacts a little bit and yet the mom and the grandma's think it's the cutest thing in the world). Oh, and maybe his Uncle Kevin too, the big basketball player of the family.
Question of the day: Why is it just when you get ahead something else comes along and BAM you're right back where you started? Life is funny like that. (i.e. took my car in today because it looked low - turns out there was a hole in the tire. I'm the proud owner of a new $200 tire. Ugh).
Happy thought of the day: Rocklin is taking a nap right now. Three hours and counting...
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Three of my brothers will be in town for the game...we are getting excited over here!! (And in case you are wondering where this sports talk came from - yes, it's really me - I've come to the realization that I come from a football family. Shoot, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!).
Monday, September 15, 2008
For any of you that know three of my brothers (Kevin, Daniel and Adam)...they started a blog together of their life and times in Provo, UT. I'm looking forward to many hilarious posts. Check them out here: http://hardestblogtonameever.blogspot.com/