Monday, September 22, 2008

For the next 18 years...

...I have a feeling this is what my house will look like. Rocklin has found the bottom shelf where his books and toys are kept in the living room.
But...

... I am thankful for this messy toy area. I am thankful to have a baby who is healthy and strong and can make messes like this one. I am thankful that I get to hang out with him and watch him learn and grow everyday. I am thankful for the sweet spirit he brings into our home. I am thankful for this little man more than I ever thought possible.

8 comments:

Salt H2O said...

He is such a cute boy. I'll take that mess if it comes with such a cutie any day!

Sarah Young said...

Welcome to Club Destruction. I find myself there every stinkin' day! I'm with you though, if messes mean we get to have these little monkeys in our lives, bring it on! :)

McB's said...

um sorry my friend but yes your WHOLE house will look like this before bedtime each day! LOL

VirtualM said...

We moved into a new place a couple of months ago and banished most of the toys to Frankie's bedroom. What a dream! But yeah, the little boogers do know how to make messes!

Brittany said...

AHHH it has begun. Lets be honest this is only the beginning. Just wait until he discovers the things he knows he isn't supposed to be doing, like permanent marker all over himself. You have the right attitude, you just have to be Thankful for it all!!

Erica said...

hey, at least you can still find him in the midst of it. i've walked by the toy room, looking for megan, only to find out that she was sitting in there somewhere the entire time! :)

Spencer said...

yeah, every room in our house looks like that now...they take over!

Judy and Mike said...

It was fun to see you, Adam and Rocklin today. Rocklin is so cute. I really like your blog and I am going to add you to my blog so I can check you out all the time. Love you guys.