Monday, September 29, 2008

Road Trip!

This past weekend, we drove to California for a funeral (Adam's cousin Tina). When I say we, I mean Adam, Katie, Ryan, Kristie, Kacie, Rocklin and me. All of us in our Tahoe. Even though it was a bit of a tight squeeze, the ride actually wasn't that bad. (At least for me...the other's might say different). At one point during the trip, I turned around and I saw this (everyone looks cozy to me!):

Rocklin got to spend time with his grandparents who he hasn't seen since April. I snapped a photo of Grandpa Ron holding Rock, but sadly I didn't get one of Linda. Rocklin had fun playing with his Grandpa!
While we were in California, I was thinking in my head how I don't really ever want to live there. Why you ask? Here are 5 random reasons:

  1. Traffic. And LOTS of it. And LOTS is an understatement.

  2. Freeways. The freeways in California vibrate. No smooth sailing there. When you're driving down the road, your car vibrates on all the uneven freeways. Tough crap for you if you get motion sickness.

  3. Motorcycles. You'll just be driving down the freeway, going the speed limit and minding your own business, and then zoooooooooom, out of nowhere, a motorcycle comes flying by, squeezing between you and the guy driving right next to you. It scares me. Not because I feel unsafe, but because I don't want to be the witness to a guy on a motorcycle getting rammed by a car who was innocently trying to change lanes.

  4. Liberals. And a lot of them. Enough said.

  5. Tax. Tax you may ask? Yes, tax. Adam surprised me when we were there and bought me this new cell phone, which I love. (Isn't it cute?!) Anyway, we got a good deal on it, but when we went to pay they made us pay the tax on the full retail price of the phone isn't of the discounted price. The guy at the counter said it was some California law. What the heck?

Now let me end on a positive note and give you one reason I would want to live there. And if you've ever had one of these, you know exactly what I mean. Donuts. I'm not like a huge donut connoisseur, however ,the donuts in southern California are GOOD. The sugar one in the bottom left had my name written all over it.

2 comments:

VirtualM said...

Dude I heard that Atlanta traffic is worse than in L.A. - but I've not been to the latter to compare. If you can drive here, you can drive anywhere I say!

Judy and Mike said...

Maybe all that is true, but you can't beat our weather.
I love the photo taken in the car. It is funny!