I'm posting this video at the special request of Rocklin's Grammy (my Mom) because she wanted to see him walking. Enjoy, Grammy (and anyone else who wants to see 15 seconds of my kid in action)!
Friday, January 23, 2009
- I can type about 85 wpm.
- I have driven cross-country three different times, and broken down in the middle of nowhere on two of them.
- I have to rock my feet back and forth when I'm going to sleep. (Poor Adam, the whole bed shakes).
- I never finish my drink at the dinner table. I always leave a couple of swallows in the cup. Only at home though, I don't usually do it at restaurants. Don't ask me...I'm weird I guess.
- I love frozen waffles. I could eat them two meals a day and be a happy camper.
- I met my husband online.
- I have known three of my Best Friends since the 7th grade, and we are all still really good friends today.
- I love making lists. Grocery lists, to do lists..it doesn't matter what it is, if it can be listed, I list it.
- I have at least 15 different lip glosses, but I never wear lip gloss. I always buy them thinking oh that is such a pretty color, and they just sit in the bottom of my purse.
- I hate hot dogs. Who can honestly tell me exactly what is in a hot dog? My point, exactly. Nobody knows.
- I once had a job as an Executive Assistant where all I did was play Wheel of Fortune online because my bosses were always out of town. In a matter of a month or two, I made over $4.5 million. I'm a nerd, I know. Too bad I couldn't cash in those online dollars for real ones!!
- I have been peed on by a real life tiger at the zoo. To this day I stay far away from tigers!
- I am very clumsy. I can't tell you the number of times I've stubbed my toes or ran into things or tripped over carpet. (Yes, it is possible to trip over carpet).
- I love reality shows (The Bachelor, The Hills, The Biggest Loser, etc.) and can't get enough of Hollywood gossip (much to Adam's dismay).
- I love to read! When I was a kid I would hide under my sheets after bedtime with a flashlight so I could read and not get in trouble for not going to sleep. To this day I love to have a good book (or two, or three...) on my nightstand.
- I really want a daughter. I will be OK if my next baby is a boy, but I'd be SO excited if it was a girl! (And no, I'm not pregnant). I need an excuse to learn to make cute girly bows and things. If not, at least I have plenty of cute nieces!!
- I love to travel. When I was single I'd jump at the chance to travel anywhere, especially somewhere I've never been. Some of my favorite trips have included: Hawaii, NYC for New Years Eve, Texas to play with my BFF's and San Francisco. I would still love to go to London, Seattle and any place that has those beach huts over the water - Fiji, etc.
- I had to dress up like Chuckie for a birthday party once when I worked at Chuck E. Cheese. And in case you are wondering, the kids are mean to Chuckie! Hit, kick, etc. I wonder what they would have thought about Chuckie if I would have sucker punched them. hahaha. Ok, that was mean.
- I can never have enough pens. Kind of like the lip gloss fetish, I guess. Whenever I'm getting ready to go somewhere, I always make sure to throw a pen in my purse or diaper bag, you know, just in case. I bet if I went right now and looked in my purse, I'd have at least 8 pens in there.
- I've always wanted to work at Subway. About 98% of the time when I go to Subway, I want to ask, Can I just come back there and make the sandwich myself? They never seem to quite make it exactly how I would make it if I were behind the counter. You know, too much or too little mayo, the tomato cut from the end and not the middle, not spreading the tuna across all of the bread. Wow, I'd make one anal Sandwich Artist.
- I love to make things. I like to think I'm pretty crafty, although my crafts and homemade goodies don't even compare to some of the amazing women I know! It's a fun outlet to me though, from buying the supplies to actually creating whatever it is my little head came up with (or copying someone else's design, which I'm very good at too).
- I have a photographic memory. I'm not very good at remembering names, but generally I can tell you what someone was wearing in a heartbeat.
- I don't like to have unpainted nails. This goes for fingers and toes.
- I'm a coupon fanatic. I belong to a coupon club here in Arizona and I love it! I have saved crazy amounts of money using coupons. I find myself not buying or doing anything unless I have a coupon. (Of course, not everything has a coupon available, but if there is one out there, I find it!).
- I have a FT (false tooth). It's the top, left, middle tooth. In high school this guy at my lunch table called me MT. MT stood for Mike Tyson, because of the FT. He thought he was so funny; I didn't.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
There isn't anything too exciting in this video...just Rocklin eating his birthday cupcake. However, toward the middle of the video, check out Sydney in the background trying to lick the chocolate frosting off of her bottom lip - too funny!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Well, the new year has arrived. I love this time of year because it gives me a chance to reflect on the past year and the changes I want to make in the new year to come. In no particular order, here are some things I've committed myself to in 2009:
1. No more coke (and by coke I mean Dr. Pepper, Sunkist and Sprite...my three liquid downfalls).
2. Shape up and loose a few lbs. (see #1) This includes getting more exercise then just walking up the stairs to my second story apartment.
3. Be aggressive about getting out of debt - see photo below for proof. Yes, that is me shredding one of our credit cards. We shred every single card we had. Ouch. Hello, cash.
4. Read my scriptures more often.
5. Be a better wife (aka - iron more of Adam's shirts so he doesn't have to).
6. Read books with Rocklin more often.
7. Birkmeyer baby #2. Don't worry folks, this is in no way an announcement, but hopefully later this year we'll have something to announce.
8. New year = new do. Hairdo, that is. I've decided I'm tired of fixing my hair and then having it end up in a ponytail day after day. What am I, 12? So this is the look I'm going for come this weekend at the salon: (wish me luck folks, I've never really been one for short hair on me...)That just about wraps it up for me. None of these goals are really anything new for me, other than the hair, oh, and the no coke thing, but nothing that can't be attained. I hope everyone else has taken the time to write down a few things you hope to better yourself as well.