Friday, January 23, 2009

25 things.

My friend Allison tagged me on Facebook, but since my blog is lacking lately, I thought I'd answer the tag here instead. The tag is to name 25 random things about me. So, here goes, in no particular order:
  1. I can type about 85 wpm.
  2. I have driven cross-country three different times, and broken down in the middle of nowhere on two of them.
  3. I have to rock my feet back and forth when I'm going to sleep. (Poor Adam, the whole bed shakes).
  4. I never finish my drink at the dinner table. I always leave a couple of swallows in the cup. Only at home though, I don't usually do it at restaurants. Don't ask me...I'm weird I guess.
  5. I love frozen waffles. I could eat them two meals a day and be a happy camper.
  6. I met my husband online.
  7. I have known three of my Best Friends since the 7th grade, and we are all still really good friends today.
  8. I love making lists. Grocery lists, to do lists..it doesn't matter what it is, if it can be listed, I list it.
  9. I have at least 15 different lip glosses, but I never wear lip gloss. I always buy them thinking oh that is such a pretty color, and they just sit in the bottom of my purse.
  10. I hate hot dogs. Who can honestly tell me exactly what is in a hot dog? My point, exactly. Nobody knows.
  11. I once had a job as an Executive Assistant where all I did was play Wheel of Fortune online because my bosses were always out of town. In a matter of a month or two, I made over $4.5 million. I'm a nerd, I know. Too bad I couldn't cash in those online dollars for real ones!!
  12. I have been peed on by a real life tiger at the zoo. To this day I stay far away from tigers!
  13. I am very clumsy. I can't tell you the number of times I've stubbed my toes or ran into things or tripped over carpet. (Yes, it is possible to trip over carpet).
  14. I love reality shows (The Bachelor, The Hills, The Biggest Loser, etc.) and can't get enough of Hollywood gossip (much to Adam's dismay).
  15. I love to read! When I was a kid I would hide under my sheets after bedtime with a flashlight so I could read and not get in trouble for not going to sleep. To this day I love to have a good book (or two, or three...) on my nightstand.
  16. I really want a daughter. I will be OK if my next baby is a boy, but I'd be SO excited if it was a girl! (And no, I'm not pregnant). I need an excuse to learn to make cute girly bows and things. If not, at least I have plenty of cute nieces!!
  17. I love to travel. When I was single I'd jump at the chance to travel anywhere, especially somewhere I've never been. Some of my favorite trips have included: Hawaii, NYC for New Years Eve, Texas to play with my BFF's and San Francisco. I would still love to go to London, Seattle and any place that has those beach huts over the water - Fiji, etc.
  18. I had to dress up like Chuckie for a birthday party once when I worked at Chuck E. Cheese. And in case you are wondering, the kids are mean to Chuckie! Hit, kick, etc. I wonder what they would have thought about Chuckie if I would have sucker punched them. hahaha. Ok, that was mean.
  19. I can never have enough pens. Kind of like the lip gloss fetish, I guess. Whenever I'm getting ready to go somewhere, I always make sure to throw a pen in my purse or diaper bag, you know, just in case. I bet if I went right now and looked in my purse, I'd have at least 8 pens in there.
  20. I've always wanted to work at Subway. About 98% of the time when I go to Subway, I want to ask, Can I just come back there and make the sandwich myself? They never seem to quite make it exactly how I would make it if I were behind the counter. You know, too much or too little mayo, the tomato cut from the end and not the middle, not spreading the tuna across all of the bread. Wow, I'd make one anal Sandwich Artist.
  21. I love to make things. I like to think I'm pretty crafty, although my crafts and homemade goodies don't even compare to some of the amazing women I know! It's a fun outlet to me though, from buying the supplies to actually creating whatever it is my little head came up with (or copying someone else's design, which I'm very good at too).
  22. I have a photographic memory. I'm not very good at remembering names, but generally I can tell you what someone was wearing in a heartbeat.
  23. I don't like to have unpainted nails. This goes for fingers and toes.
  24. I'm a coupon fanatic. I belong to a coupon club here in Arizona and I love it! I have saved crazy amounts of money using coupons. I find myself not buying or doing anything unless I have a coupon. (Of course, not everything has a coupon available, but if there is one out there, I find it!).
  25. I have a FT (false tooth). It's the top, left, middle tooth. In high school this guy at my lunch table called me MT. MT stood for Mike Tyson, because of the FT. He thought he was so funny; I didn't.
If you happen to read all 25 things, thanks. It took me forever to come up with all those. (you try it...it's hard to do!). Anyway, since this is a "tag", I tag the following people: Sarah Y., Angie, Keira and anyone of my blog readers that needs something to blog about like I did! And if you happen to do the tag, leave a comment so I can go and read your 25 things. Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Miller Family said...

oh, I'll do it...it may take me a little bit to get 25 things. I laughed out loud at the Chuck E. Cheese comment! I bet Heather and Hillary were with you when that happened. HAHAHA!

Alison said...

I'm glad you did the tag on your blog! I dressed up as giant Cabbage Patch Kids at Babyland General in high school, but the kids are nice to Cabbage Patch Kids.

Tracy E said...

Wow, I didn't know there was another obsessive pen person out there like me! I'm happy to know someone else finds bringing a pen along EVERYWHERE is important! But, I also have to bring a pencil too. I like pencils better for those all important lists (I love making those too like you!) I never leave home without both pen and pencil, and yes they collect in my purse too. Hoards tumble out at every cleaning.

Ezra said...

What was I wearing last time you saw me?

Sarah Young said...

I would have punched that guy at the lunch table like I was Mike Tyson! Jerk!

P.S. I really wish we lived closer. Sniff.

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Dang, Ezra...you got me. Let's see, I know it was at Michelle and Dallin's wedding reception in GA. I'm thinking it was some darker colored slacks and some type of sweater with no collar, but a half zipper. Am I right? (I bet you don't even remember...who remembers this kind of stuff? lol).

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

Hey, I rock my feet back and forth too! It's like I can't stop, but I've been told this is NOT restless legs syndrome - that is something else. So glad I'm not the only tap dancer in bed.