Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's that time again...

Well, the new year has arrived. I love this time of year because it gives me a chance to reflect on the past year and the changes I want to make in the new year to come. In no particular order, here are some things I've committed myself to in 2009:

1. No more coke (and by coke I mean Dr. Pepper, Sunkist and Sprite...my three liquid downfalls).

2. Shape up and loose a few lbs. (see #1) This includes getting more exercise then just walking up the stairs to my second story apartment.

3. Be aggressive about getting out of debt - see photo below for proof. Yes, that is me shredding one of our credit cards. We shred every single card we had. Ouch. Hello, cash.


4. Read my scriptures more often.

5. Be a better wife (aka - iron more of Adam's shirts so he doesn't have to).

6. Read books with Rocklin more often.

7. Birkmeyer baby #2. Don't worry folks, this is in no way an announcement, but hopefully later this year we'll have something to announce.

8. New year = new do. Hairdo, that is. I've decided I'm tired of fixing my hair and then having it end up in a ponytail day after day. What am I, 12? So this is the look I'm going for come this weekend at the salon: (wish me luck folks, I've never really been one for short hair on me...)

That just about wraps it up for me. None of these goals are really anything new for me, other than the hair, oh, and the no coke thing, but nothing that can't be attained. I hope everyone else has taken the time to write down a few things you hope to better yourself as well.

Happy 2009!!

2 comments:

Valerie: said...

Love that hair cut. Wish I could have it. Go for it and i am sure you will look cute. Cant wait to see it at the party.

Amy said...

Way to go Kristen! That hair cut will look amazing on you! Thanks for reminding me to get my act together and set some goals already! haha, but ya I need to.