Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Binki = Bad Mom??

I took Rocklin to the pediatrician this morning for his one month checkup. (He actually turned one month on the 12th). He's getting so big - he weighed in today at 7 lbs. 3 ozs.! That's two whole pounds over his birth weight! (And he was only 4 lbs. 12 ozs. when we brought him home from the hospital). He even got a shot and was such a tropper. I'm not looking forward to his two month check up where he's going to get a number of shots. But at least after that we'll be able to take him out into crowded places, FINALLY. Our little man is doing great!

While at the doctor, I asked her if I was a bad mom for always giving Rocklin the binki. She just laughed at me and said no way. Phew....good thing. For some reason I feel kind of guilty giving him his binki when he sqwaks. I guess I picture him at the age of 13 with awful headgear due to the binki damage from his baby years.

Here are some pictures for his Grammy because I promised her I'd post some! (And sorry there aren't that many, I'll have to do a Rocklin photo shoot in the next day or two to really get some good ones up). Enjoy!

Rocklin says, "Hi Grammy, I miss you! Check out how chubby my cheeks are getting!!"

Rocklin says, "I do love my binks, although Mommy thinks she's real funny with my 'mute button' binki that her friends gave me. I actually prefer my big huge 'soothie' binki, but I guess I'll entertain Mommy with this one for a while."

Rocklin says, "I know this isn't the best picture of me since you can't see my cute face, but I wanted to show off my cute teddy bear onsie outfit that my adorable cousin Gracie gave to me! You can't see my pants, but they're brown and I almost fit into them like a big boy! Also, you can kind of see my cool blonde hair, it's so fluffy!"

6 comments:

Jody said...

Thanks Rocklin for making your mommy send me some pictures!!! You have changed SO much just in a few short weeks. You are so stinkin cute!!! Gramps is SO excited to come meet you this weekend! I can't wait to see you at Uncle Aaron's wedding in May...

Love, hugs and kisses..

Grammy

Miller Family said...

WOW! I can't believe he is already a month and some days. Time goes by way to fast, doesn't it? Hope you are all doing well.

Sarah Young said...

Kristen, he is SO cute! Be at peace with the Bink, Rocklin is!

Salt H2O said...

When I first read the title of this post I thought it said
"Bikini= Bad Mom"

I thought, "wow kristen is ready to get into a bikini already?!?"

Brittany said...

He is adorable...I'd say the binki is a lifesaver, no feeling guilty needed. Plus the binki habit is way easier to break than sucking a thumb. By the way I love the pictures you got taken of Rocklin they are so cute.

Unknown said...

Hi!! I am wondering how you came to name that cute baby Rocklin????? I knew one other guy who now lives in Dinosaur, Colo who's 1st name is Rocklin. He is Rocklin Woolery.

If you have a moment you can let me know how you came by the name Rocklin.

Stan Rocklin, your neighbor in E. Mesa, AZ (480) 284-4222 or write me at Rocheux@yahoo.com