Saturday, April 26, 2008

Downsizing!

First of all, before I begin this post, let me just say thank you to Ezra & Crystal for recommending Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover book. I just finished reading it and now I'm going to have Adam read it...it's defiantly an excellent book that I would recommend to anyone regardless of their financial situation! For me it was a wake up call to make some major changes so that when Rocklin is a little older we'll be free to take him to Disney World, buy a new house, etc. without always worrying about the money.

With that being said, Adam and I are going to be moving in a couple of weeks (the day I get back from GA actually) from our beautiful home to a 2-bedroom apartment. Good bye 2500 sq. ft., hello 977 sq. ft.!!! This is defiantly going to be an adjustment for us, but we are both excited about the changes we are making. We'll be moving closer to Adam's work, so that will be nice to save on gas too. Plus, the complex has 2 swimming pools and you know in this Arizona heat we are REALLY looking forward to that! Rocklin even has the cutest little baby Gap swimsuit that his Aunt Megan and Uncle Aaron bought him - can't wait to try it out!

I think what I'll miss the most is our amazing kitchen (especially the island - our new kitchen is about as big as JUST the island!):

On a positive note, at least our new place will look decorated (unlike our place now) since it's so much smaller. And one of the biggest benefits is way less to clean!! Yeah!! I'll be emailing out our new address once we have moved. Wish us luck!

7 comments:

Crystal said...

Kristen and Adam, WOW! Rocklin is so lucky to have parents like you guys who are willing to sacrifice now for his future! We have already been blessed big time for the decisions we are making. And remember Kristen, when you are looking at those hot lil pair of stilettos - know that I'm drooling over the same pair... and saving every penny I have to buy them with cash! It's not going to be easy - BUT WORTH IT!!!!! Good luck!

Cathleen said...

This is the best time to do something like this too. Rocklin will never know the difference and someday you'll have a home you love again.
We also went from a home to an apartment after our first was born. The sacrifices we made then so that I could be a stay at home mother have been so worth it. I have never regretted any of it. Best of luck with it all! Looking forward to seeing you and Rocklin this week!

Miller Family said...

That is going to be a change, but I am sure it will be well worth it. We spent almost 5 1/2 years in 600 sp. ft. It was small but worth it. Good luck to you three!

Brittany said...

There are definitely pluses and minuses to living in a smaller place. The cleaning thing is a major plus. It will all pay off in the end for you just remember that.

Valerie: said...

hey too bad about the move but it sounds like it will be better in the long run. I hear ya about saving money. We had to trade my precious Tahoe for a car to save money cause our payments were just ridiculous and the gas was bad too. I am still heart broken but every day it getting a little easier. Will you still be living in Chandler or closer to Mesa??

Sarah Young said...

Hey Woman! I have to say that I am PROUD of you for being proactive about it! It of course takes hard work and sacrifice, but there is truly NOTHING better than knowing that you are in control when it comes to the benjamins! I wish you guys the very best!

Amazing Grace said...

first of all, Rock is getting sooooo big! and gorgeous!
Second, I love Dave Ramsey!
XOXO