Thursday, July 30, 2009

Another reason I love summer!

One of the things I LOVE about summertime are all the fresh berries! I found this awesome Farmers Market here that had fresh strawberries last week at 3 (1 lb. clam shells) for $1!! I bought a bunch and froze them. I've been making tons of smoothies lately, and Rocklin loves them, too.
+


=

And
(a happy little boy with smoothie all over his mouth)
And see the kitchen whisk in his hand? This kid loves anything kitchen. He loves playing with toy kitchens at his friends house, and every time I am in the kitchen cooking he wants to be all apart of the action. Is it wrong to buy a little boy a toy kitchen? I do see some of THESE and THESE in his near future, however.


6 comments:

Jody said...

Rocklin and Brynna can go into business together. She loves to play " kitchen" when she"s over here, but then who wouldn't in my new kitchen!!!Yummy on the smoothies..

Jody said...

Those minitures are too cute. I say yes, he'd love them!!!

Wendy said...

I don't think there's a thing wrong with a little boy having a play kitchen. In fact, that's what Tyler got for Christmas from Santa when he was 2. He also loved kitchen stuff and has enjoyed playing with his kitchen. You can get ones that don't look girly and have more neutral colors. We need more men in this world that can find their way around the kitchen and cook a decent meal!

Aimee said...

This one wouldn't be too girly... maybe, someday, they'll release it stateside: http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/toys-kids/look-an-official-ikea-play-kitchen-086928

Aimee said...

Just did a little more digging... it's supposed to be available in US stores in August. :)

Sarah Young said...

all i can say is heck no there's no problem with a boy having cooking toys! think of all the male culinary greats! and i must say that i certainly enjoy being married to a man that's comfortable in the kitchen! nurture it and him and brynna can open a restaraunt together some day!