Saturday, March 29, 2008

I lost...

...and last night we got a puppy. I'd like to say last night Adam got a puppy, and I was just along for the ride, but around 5 AM when the puppy was whining to get out of her cage, I realized that "we" have a puppy now. Here's how it went last night when "we" were picking out which puppy to bring home:

Adam: Look, babe, aren't these puppies so cute?
Kristen: Yes, they are cute as long as they just sit there. (puppy jumps on my lap)
Adam: See, she likes you. (puppy licks Kristen's arm)
Kristen: Ewwww, the puppy just licked me.
Adam: Oh man, I can see we have a long way to go..........

This morning --(as I walk through the laundry room where the dog cage is)

Kristen: Hey babe, I have a question...is this laundry room always going to smell like this from now on or is this just because she needs a bath?
Adam: Smell like what?
Kristen: Like DOG
Adam: Well, she is a dog........

Later this morning --(as Adam is outside washing the car and I walk outside with Rocklin)

Kristen: Hi babe, and, uh, Hi Maggie
Adam: Can you believe you're a dog owner now?
Kristen: Um, no.
Kristen: Uh, babe, the dog is eating something, it looks like a string, and I think she's about to swallow it.
Adam: Well, take it out of her mouth.
Kristen: No way! Then she's going to lick my hand!
Adam: Chuckles .... (but I know inside he's thinking oh my gosh, is this girl for real)

We named the puppy Maggie. We also got a pink collar and a pink leash for it. When we were at PetsMart last night picking up the pink accessories, I asked Adam if he's going to feel super unmanly walking the dog with a pink leash. He said no, I'll do whatever it takes. So, we'll see how this whole puppy adventure goes. I will admit, she is cute, but it's just the idea of getting used to having a dog around. Well, the idea of having a PUPPY around for now. It's just like having another baby. I think I should post again on Monday evening, after spending the day alone with Rocklin and Maggie by myself (of which I can say I'm too thrilled about....but we'll see).

Meanwhile, here are some pictures of Maggie:

4 comments:

Jody said...

Oh my gosh...Good luck with this whole dog adventure !! She really is cute, the hot pink collar does make a staement !! We'll check in on Mon.......................

Anonymous said...

She is cute! So is she coming to the wedding with you guys?

Salt H2O said...

She is so freaking cute!

The title should be "I won..."


A baby AND A puppy. I'm jealous.

Miller Family said...

Ahhh....too cute! She's a keeper!