Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cinnamon & Sugar Muffins

Thanks to my friend Aimee for emailing this recipe to me for these fantastic cinnamon and sugar muffins! I made them the other day and they were SO good and fun to make. I've listed the recipe below...


2 cups flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
1 cup plain yogurt
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
4 to 8 tbsp. oil (I used 5 tbsp.)
1 tsp. vanilla

Topping

1/2 stick of butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon


1. Preheat oven to 400 degree. Line a standards muffin pan with paper cups.

2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, sugar, oil and vanilla. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture. Do not over mix.

3. Divide batter among the muffin cups and bake for about 12-15 minutes.

4. While the muffins are baking, melt 1/2 stick of butter and place in a bowl large enough to hold a muffin. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small shallow bowl. As soon as the muffins are done, dip them in the butter and then roll them in the sugar mixture. Set on a rack to cool.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Yay! I'm glad they turned out yummy! I think I might try them myself this weekend.

Cathleen said...

I made them tonight and they were yummy! Thanks for sharing. I would have made them sooner, but I kept forgetting to pick up some plain yogurt.