Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Guacamole

In honor of all things green from yesterday's holiday (I meant to post this yesterday, but ran out of time), and in my quest to spread yummy recipes, here's another I tried this past weekend that was a big hit. I can't take credit for coming up with this recipe, I found it on a friend of a friend of a friend's blog (you know how that goes). Here goes:

Guacamole

2 avocados, diced
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 serrano pepper, minced (seeds removed for less heat, if desired)
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
juice of 1 lime

Combine all the ingredients and blend gently.

2 comments:

Cathleen said...

We love guacamole. We'll have to try this version sometime. I'm not familiar with serrano peppers though, are they hard to find or are they pretty commonplace?

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

The serrano peppers are easy to find here - I bought one at Super Wal-Mart. They look like jalepeno peppers...maybe they are the same thing?