Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Savings Galore!

Hello, friends. It's been a while since I've posted...we've been so busy lately! Adam's been putting in A LOT of time at work, and I started a part-time job at home researching/recruiting for a game recruiting company. On top of that, Rocklin is getting so active and so fun lately! He's a full-time job alone! We moved and are all settled into our new apartment. Sooner or later I'll try to get some pictures up. It's small, but we've made it cozy and we are loving our new ward!! (And the best part is it meets at 9 AM now instead of 3 PM like our last ward!).

OK, on to the best part... Let me just say if you aren't shopping at CVS, you really should be!!! Today I went to CVS loaded with coupons and 3 different lists of things I was going to buy because they were having some good sales.

Bottom line folks... my grand total was $104.02 and I walked out spending $19.49 out of pocket!!!!!!!!! That's a savings of $84.53. Here's all the stuff I got:No, you're eyes are not deceiving you, there are THREE packages of Pampers diapers (those alone are normally $11 or so each), a Gillette Fusion razor (normally $9.99), FOUR different packages of batteries (and who knows how much those are normally), etc. Here's everything:

3 packs of Pampers
1 9-roll pkg. of Charmin toilet paper
2 Dawn dish soaps
2 boxes of CVS bandages
1 Gillette Fusion Razor
4 cans of tuna fish
1 bottle Huggies baby wash
1 Secret Deodorant
1 8 pk. of AA batteries
3 2 pks. of D batteries
2 bottles of Listerine
2 bags of Chex Mix
2 toothbrushes
2 boxes of CVS cotton swabs

Anyways, the long and short of it is I've started playing the "drugstore game" where you use coupons and rollover the in-store dollars to make the most of your money! I bought everything in the picture in three separate transactions but all during my same store visit. The cashier seemed a little bugged, but I could care less really. I mean a bugged cashier to me is totally worth saving $84.53 in one trip!!

FYI - I've recently started participating in a program called Coupon Sense that my friend Brittany told me about. (Unfortunately the Coupon Sense program is only good for AZ & UT. Sorry my east coast friends!). It shows you where and how to get the best deals. In addition, I use this website a lot to check out scenarios on how to make the most of my CVS dollars.

I dare you to try some of these cost-saving ideas. You'll be hooked; just like me!! If you do try it out, let me know! Post a comment on my blog about the savings that you find. Good Luck!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!

kelly said...

that's amazing! i use the grocery game... it's awesome too!

Jody said...

Saving $$$ is the bomb. It gives us such a high..I know we are weird...

Love you!!

Sarah Young said...

Okay Kristen, I accepted the challenge!!!

This is what I got...
3 packs of Pampers-reg. $11.40 ea.
1 Gillette Fusion Razor- reg. $9.99
1 Secret Flawless Deod.- reg. $5.40
2 boxes Colgate Total-reg $3.99 ea.
2 Speedstick Deod.-$2.99 each
1 Oil of Olay Moist.- $6.99
1 Graduation card - $1.99

I paid.... $34.05! Nice huh? I could have spent just that on the diapers alone! I like this game! :)

Mrs. D said...

Boy, I wish we had CVS out here. Long's occassionaly has some cool sales and coupons but nothing that can add up to $85 in savings. Kristen, you rock!!! I'm gonna see what I can do out here in Cali...

Tracy E said...

WOW, I'm impressed!