Monday, June 9, 2008

Salsa Sorta

I just got a call from my sister-in-law Sarah telling me that she and my niece Brynna just finished off a bowl of salsa sorta for lunch. (Don't hate people...if you had a bowl of Salsa Sorta in front of you for lunch, I guarantee you'd polish off the entire bowl as well!!). Because she is now obsessed with this stuff as much as I am, I told her I'd send along the recipe, but then I figured there may be others of you out there that would love a crowd-pleasing recipe too, so I thought I'd share it with everyone! (And by the way, I can't take credit for coming up with this salsa sorta goodness by myself...I got it from Adam's sister Kristie. Not sure if it's a Birkmeyer family recipe or just one they make a lot. In any case, this stuff is DAAAANG good!!!).

Salsa Sorta

5 avocados, cut into small chunks
2 bushels of cilantro, cut up
2 cans of corn, drained
1 can of pinto beans, drained
1 can of black beans, drained
5 tomatoes, cut up into small chunks
2 bunches of green onions, cut up
1 bottle of Best Wishes Italian Dressing (you probably won't use the entire bottle, but use your best judgement as to how moist (hate that word) you'd like it)
Lime Juice (probably one or two limes...same with the dressing, just use your best judgement)
Seasoning to taste (garlic powder, salt & pepper, etc)

Mix everything in a bowl and waa-laa!! You can serve this with chips or really just eat it all by it's self! Let me know if you make this and if you like it as much as we do!! (Btw...I wish I had a picture to post with this as well because it's also a really pretty dish with all the vibrant colors of the fresh ingredients!). Enjoy!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

This looks DELICIOUS! I'm leaving for the store, RIGHT NOW! :)

Sarah Young said...

Mmmmm, sooooo FLIPPIN' good! Kevin took a picture of the bowl your Mom made, I'll have to see if I can get my hands on it! Thanks for sharing this one with the rest of us! It's totally going in my recipe book of most favorites!

Jody said...

Thanks to whomever in the wonderful Birkmeyer family for that AWESOME recipe. Phil and I went out of town for the week so we didn't get any leftover "salsa" ...so I guess I'll just have to make it again REAL soon !!! LOVED it..