Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Boredom

We are now a one-car family (for the time being). Adam's Mazda finally decided it had had enough a couple weeks back. Sad news for us is, it's going to cost more to fix it then it's even worth. Sooo.....that means we have one car for now. Truthfully, it hasn't been that bad, but I do get bored. I guess I took the freedom of a car at my disposal for granted. Now that Rocklin and I get to hang out all day in the house, I'm having to get creative with ways of keeping both him and I busy! I do still have my job (I'm a Recruiter for GameRecruiter.com and I work from my home) and thankfully that keeps me busy most of the time. But every now and then I need a creative outlet. With all the crazy good going back to school sales recently, I decided to pick up some more blank composition books and make a few more notebooks, like I did a while back. This time, however, I used my Crop-a-dile and punched holes and attached ribbon on the sides of the notebooks to make a ribbon bow closure, and on two of them I attached the cute little mini-sharpies (which I got with a coupon from Office Max for 1 cent each last week!).

Once a week, Adam and I attend Financial Peace University (which I LOVE and recommend to anyone who is interested!!). It's held at a local church, and lucky for us they even offer free baby-sitting. The two girls that watch Rock are sisters, and they are so sweet to volunteer their time to baby-sit. I made these two notebooks for them, each with their respective initial, as a small Thank You! "E" for Emily and "M" for Michelle. (And the picture quality is so poor...I didn't use the flash on most of them because it just left a nasty glare. I need photography lessons!!).

This one with an "R" is a birthday present for our niece Rylee who has a special birthday coming up. She'll be 8 and will be getting baptized in a couple of weeks.
This is just a clipboard I made for myself. I have been looking for something to take to the grocery store with me to keep my list and all my coupons together and I was tired of using boring white envelopes and a scratch pad. I've seen these cute mod-podge clipboards around for a while, and since I already had the mod podge out for the notebooks, I thought I'd give this a try. This one is just a mini clipboard, not the full-sized one. It's perfect for what I need it for. (And not to mention how much I just LOVE the paper I used here. Basic Grey...my all-time favorite line of scrapbook papers. Same paper I used for the notebooks I made above for E & M).
Now if I can just get my sewing machine out of hibernation (the garage) then I can start on that cute ruffle cardigan I wrote about below. Hopefully I'll have pictures of that little project to post soon.

9 comments:

Judy and Mike said...

Question: It is simply the composition book, scrapbook paper with trimming and mod podge? It looks like fun.

Wendy said...

Those are so adorable! I love that you attached the mini Sharpies...you are so clever!

McB's said...

MAN you do such cute creative stuff!! Call me and we can come get you and do something if you get bored :)

Valerie: said...

You are so stinkin creative!! It makes me feel like a total looser. hehe I am so sorry u only have one car. we will have to come visit when we get back. We come back on monday or tuesday!! Horray

Kristen B. said...

Judy - yes, it's just a plain composition book, scrapbook paper cut to size and mod podge. I also painted the edges of the comp. book before mod podging the paper on because a little bit of the edge will poke out otherwise. (not sure if that made sense).

Sarah said...

How do you keep the modge podge from wrinkling?

Sarah Young said...

I am not oozing craftiness, however I enjoy it... solution? you move to georgia!

WAY cute sistah!

Miller Family said...

Soooo cute! You are very creative!

Aimee said...

So very creative! You've got a knack for the crafty stuff...