Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yum-to-the-Um

Last night I made the most delicious dinner. I had bacon and chicken and searched the Internet for a recipe for some sort of bacon wrapped chicken. I was pleasantly surprised when I found a recipe with only 5 ingredients. That's right, 5. But that wasn't the best part. The best part was that it turned out SO delicious!! If you're looking for something quick, easy and really good...I totally recommend this. (And no, that picture isn't mine, I got it from the website where I found the recipe. HERE is the link to their version of the recipe as well as additional pictures).

Here's the recipe (and I scaled mine down to just a few pieces of chicken):

12 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves

2 (8 oz) cartons chive and onion cream cheese

12 slices of bacon

salt (to taste)

2 tablespoons butter

  1. Pound the chicken down to 1/2" thick each.
  2. Spread each piece of chicken with the cream cheese.
  3. Sprinkle salt on top of the cream cheese mixture. Add a pat of butter.
  4. Roll the chicken and wrap the bacon pieces around the chicken. Secure with a toothpick.
  5. Bake uncovered for 35 - 40 minutes.
  6. Broil for the last 5 or 6 minutes to get the bacon to desired crispiness.

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

I am so going to try that!! Thanks!

cancersucks said...

Thanks so much for my wonderful and beautiful stationary swap items! This was my first swap and I am so glad I have you as my partner. Your swap is on the way by priority mail. Take care and thanks again!

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

My mouth is watering and I'm wishing I had chive and onion cream cheese!

Aimee said...

This sounds divine! Gonna have to add this to my Gotta Try pile!

McB's said...

I am going to try this, sounds yummy!!

LaLona said...

I made this last night and it was a huge hit! Thanks, Kristen!

Sarah Young said...

Um can we say DEEE-LICIOUS!!!