Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fabulous Costco Find

I {heart} Costco. How could I not? Before I was married, I'm not sure you'd find me cruising the isles of Costco on a Friday night. But now it's like one of my favorite things to do. Am I weird? Admit it, you like it too. I think I like it so much because you never really know what you're going to find. And it's one of those stores where you'd better buy it if you want it because you know if you walk away it may not be there next time. (Except of course for all the beautiful and cheap flower bouquets. Adam...if you're reading this....hint, hint). And who can resist a churro and a 25 cent fountain drink?

So tonight I went to Costco with the intentions of buying ONLY formula for the little guy. (You know how that goes, you have one thing on your Costco list and end up walking out with like $100 more than you intended to). Anyway, so of course I get trapped on the book isle and I came across this fabulous find (and please excuse the poor picture here....I yanked it off of Google Images and it was the best I could find):It's a recipe box filled with Sandra Lee's Semi-Homecooking Recipes (from the Food Network). It also comes with some blank recipe cards and it comes pre-organized! We all know I love to try new recipes and secretly I wish I was on the Food Network so I just had to buy this. There are tons of great recipes in here and I'm excited to make dinner for the next little while now! Oh, and it was only $12.49 (retail value is $19.99). Lucky you if you find this at your Costco!

7 comments:

Valerie: said...

Dont worry i love Coscto too. i go there for lunch and fill up on the samples...white trash i know hehe We go there even though we cant buy anything too expensive. I like to look around.

Miller Family said...

What a great find at Costco. My friend love to make new recipes, in fact she has a blog - titles Test Kitchen. I always look on her blog for new recipes. Here is the address: http://testkitchenrecipes.blogspot.com

You should check it out.

Jody said...

I got one today for a bridal shower gift..Thanks for the idea!!!

the Holyoaks said...

When you spend your Friday date nights at Costco shopping and having "dinner" you know you're married. I never thought that'd be me, but it is. And I'm fine with it. It's way less busy Friday nights!

Mrs. D said...

Don't be ashamed, girl! Costco is an adventure...I love it!

Sarah Young said...

I love Costco! That and Target are my own personal Disneylands! However, I do find Sandra Lee a little creepy. I think she might be a robot, like a fembot or something. I can picture her being all smiley on camera and then being a beserk, psycho in real life! :)

Happy The Man said...

The new Costco mile jugs suck! Sorry for the strong adjective but I am so not {hearting} them! No matter how you pour, you spill milk down the side. It is not even worth the money you save when you have to go through a roll of paper towels and have to deal with wipe up every time you pour milk. I'm sure my kids love the new containers because now they can spill milk all over the place and they know I can't really find fault with them (and of course the younger ones aren't going to clean up after themselves, older ones either if they can get away with it)...

I tried to ban Costco for this but it was too hard so now I only ban buying milk there (of course my wife does the shopping, so much for that idea). I wrote a scathing letter to their consumer affairs people, they told me I'm not pouring right. Next I'm going to picket in front of Costco, that's how much I loathe their new milk containers.