Monday, May 26, 2008

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree!

When Rocklin was first born, my mom was staying with us for two weeks. During this time she was so nice to cook, clean, etc. Well one afternoon she asked me what I wanted for lunch and I said how about a grilled cheese sandwich. My mom's response? "I never know how to make those - which side of the bread do you butter?" This, coming from the woman who can cook anything and it is always delicious. I have made fun of her for this ever since.

Until today.

This morning I was thinking how good some cinnamon and sugar toast sounded. So without even thinking I buttered two pieces of bread and then proceeded to toast them. With the ding of the toaster oven, I took out my toasted and buttered bread and thought great, how is the cinnamon and sugar going to stick? Then it hit me ... DUH ... you butter the bread AFTER it gets out of the toaster so that the cinnamon and sugar will stick.

I use the simple excuse that ever since I gave birth I've lost a few brain cells and have become more clumsy then ever. (Just ask Adam...he will definitely attest!!!). That's my sad confession for today. And sorry Mom, I won't make fun of the grilled cheese incident ever again.

4 comments:

Sarah Young said...

That is too funny! So do you usually butter your bread before it goes into the toaster? I've never heard of such a thing! Whatever works right?! I've never tasted a single thing you or your Mom has made that I didn't like!

Jody said...

I'm SO glad I could provide the entertainment for the year on the grilled cheese sandwich. It's ok to laugh...I think it's quite funny as well. Now I can laugh at buttering bread before you toast it !!!!

Love you...

Amazing Grace said...

reminds me of when I put the Tide in the fridge.... I still do that... and my kid in 14! YIKES

McB's said...

HAHAHAHA that cracked me up when I read it!!! It's mommy brain!! LOL