Thursday, April 8, 2010

Completed Project

A few posts back I mentioned that I had bought some pink spray paint and was working on a project. Well, I finally finished it and I loved the way it turned out! It matches the image I had in my head when I started, which is always a good thing. I wanted to make something to hang in the nursery to hold all the hair bows I plan on making for Baby Girl. Initially I wasn't going to make it look like a memo board, but I'm glad I did because now she can use it in her room later when there aren't a million hair bows to hang on it. And a big thanks to Adam for cutting the wood exactly the size I needed for the base! Glad I have such a handy hubby! :)

Here's the frame before. It's the UNG DRILL frame from Ikea.

And here's the completed frame after LOTS of pink spray paint and TLC.

And here's a closeup of the Rhinestone buttons I used.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW...that is so stinking cute! I've seen that frame at IKEA before and fell in love. What you did is so cute and will look great in the nursery and her "big girl room" too.

:o)

Erica said...

VERY CUTE!!!

Judy and Mike said...

Very cute!

Valerie: said...

sooooo cute!!

Miller Family said...

Wow....you are SOOO crafty! I think I might have to make that too!!!

Jody said...

Such a crafty girl I raised!!! Your " envisioning" comes from your dad. He too can get an idea in his head and turn it into something amazing, as in the kitchen! Great job!!

Ashley Terry said...

Wow, that looks awesome!!! I love it :)

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

Holy cow, Kristen, that is amazing! You have excellent taste, my dear. I love that shade of pink! My friend that has a pink room for her daughter is getting back from vacation today and will email me the paint color soon. It would be perfect with that frame!

Simmons Family said...

WOW that is so cute!!

Brittany said...

So cute...I love that frame.

Wendy said...

Oh my gosh! Adorable!