Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hoot Hoot

Adam went camping with the Boy Scouts last night: (Adam is in the back right corner)


so I had a night of chick-flicks and craft time all to myself! I've been wanting to make THIS owl wall hanging for a while now - thought it might be cute as a wall decoration in baby girl's room. I think it turned out pretty cute!

Please excuse my lack of photography skills/bad lighting here. The frame is 19 3/4 x 19 3/4 and the green polka dot background of the owl is 12 x 12, so it's a pretty good sized picture.

I am pretty sure I will put her name along the bottom on the inside mat, but I just laid these letters out to see what it might look like. (And Lucy is just one of the many names we are considering...just wanted to get a feel for the letters).

Here is a close-up of the owl.

Here it is with no name on the bottom...I think I like it better with the name. What do you think?

10 comments:

Jody said...

Yes name. It looks cuter with the name. This is darling!!

LAURA said...

I like it better with the name too. owls are very cute.

Simmons Family said...

That is so cute!! I like it better with the name, and Lucy is a cute name :)

Miller Family said...

That is so cute! I love it and I love it with the name on it too!

tHe FeLt CrEw said...

Not sure if you know who I am but I check out ya'lls blog every now and then and I just wanted to say I think you are an amazing person, I love checking out all your crafts, and your ideas and your recipes and I just wanted to drop by and let you know that I really envy all your talent! you guys have a beautiful family.

Judy and Mike said...

It is so cute! You are so creative. By the way I like it with the name on it.

Valerie: said...

so cute..yeah i like it better with the name too!!

Aimee said...

You're so crafty! LOVE it!

Sarah Young said...

SO...DANG...CUTE!!!! Girl, you amaze me! ...and I think it looks adorable with the name!

Unknown said...

yep, with the name. And I REALLY like Lucy, maybe better than the other one. you got skillz!