Friday, April 17, 2009

Too Cute!

I've been wanting to make a diaper cake for some time now, but just haven't taken the time to do it. Tomorrow I'm headed to a baby shower for a friend of mine who is having a baby boy, so I thought I'd finally make one. I think it turned out so cute!! It was really easy to make and I think this might be the first of many diaper cakes I make.

Here it is "naked" before I added all the goodies. I actually kind of like it like this. (And next time I think I may just just plain white diapers - these diapers happen to have a print on them).

And here it is all finished.

Here is the backside. I attached some burp cloths that I made. I wasn't sure how to attach them, so I just tied them on the back.

I hope she likes it!!

12 comments:

Simmons Family said...

you are so crafty, I am jealious!! That looks awesome, they would be crazy not to love it!

Jennifer said...

Very adorable! I'm sure she'll love it!!

Aimee said...

Way too cute! So very clever!

LAURA said...

Looks great, you are one crafty mama!

Miller Family said...

That is soooo cute! You did a great job Kristen!

Salt H2O said...

you've got mad skills!

Judy and Mike said...

It is really cute. You did a great job and it looks fun to make.

Sarah Young said...

It's dang cute! How could she not love it!

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

I am jealous of your bow-tying skills. They look perfect! And I kinda like the patterned dipes. What did you use as the "cake stand"?

Erica said...

Very cute! You are so talented!

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Chanelle - to answer your question, I just cut out a 12 inch round base out of a cardboard box. I used a papertowel roll for the middle of the cake and built around that. Classy, heh? haha

Kris Tracy Broc said...

You are so crafty, I wish I lived by you so you can teach me all the cute things you do.