Friday, February 18, 2011

What we've been up to...

This entire week has been SUCH a long week for us. We are all sick, other than Adam, and are just trying to get better! Today is Friday, and so far this week, we've been to the doctor 6 times with two follow up appointments on Monday and another appointment next Friday of next week! UGH!

Here's the verdict: Ruby has RSV and double ear infections (that will NOT seem to go away). Rocklin has RSV and strep throat, and I have a bad head cold and stomach pains that are apparently due to the fact that I have Gallbladder Disease. (Found that out after an abdominal ultrasound as a result of some serious stomach pains I've been experiencing). So I'll more than likely be getting my gallbladder removed, but we shall see.

Seriously?!?! I am so over being sick...and my kids being sick. Poor Ruby has really had the worst of it all I'd say. Having to give both of my kids breathing treatments for the RSV has literally been the saddest thing ever. Hopefully we'll be back in the swing of things soon!

5 comments:

LAURA said...

That's so poopy kristen, sorry to hear you're all sick. I hope you and the kiddos feel better soon!

Valerie: said...

omg why the bad luck with you guys...what have you been doing to deserve this? heh JK all joking aside..i really am sorry all this is happening to you guys. Hopefully you all get better soon. Miss ya

Vanessa said...

Been there (still there, actually) minus the gullbladder disease, though. It's hard enough taking care of two sick babies with RSV, etc., but for momma to be sick (and in pain) on top of it all is just plain torture! Hope all get well very soon. :(

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

I am so sorry!!! Can I bring you guys dinner? I'm car-less at the moment, but I should be up and running hopefully by Monday and then I can bring you some food so you have one less thing to worry about. I'm going to call you.

And I've had two friends lose their gallbladders and both are happier for it. In the meantime, though, it sucks.

the Holyoaks said...

I'm so sorry Kristen! Having sick kids is the worst! But being sick and having sick kids is really, really the worst. I had my gallbladder removed when Audrey was two months old. I ended up in the emergency room and they admitted me and took it out the next day. It's not too bad. But it's better to get it done than to try and live with it. Eventually it will get so bad that you'll end up in the ER. I didn't know what it was at the time--I was just in more pain than anything other than having Audrey with NO medications. On a positive note, my OB said my horrible morning sickness with Audrey could have been related to the gallbladder issues. When I was pregnant with Truman I wasn't all that sick. Good luck! I hope you all get better soon. Keep me updated and give me a call if you want more detailed info. Miss you!