Tuesday, May 11, 2010

An Update!

I thought I'd post a few random things so my blog has an update! We are all moved into the house now and are LOVING having all this extra space. I think Rocklin especially loves it with a backyard and plenty of place to run around!

Adam has painted a lot and the other night he was painting baby girl's nursery and he let Rocklin help out a bit. Here are some cute pictures of them painting:On a different note, today Rocklin and I hit up the local thrift store to see if we could find treasures. Sure enough, we found some good stuff! Just clothes this time around, but I ended up getting 7 things (all in great shape and great name brands) for $15!! With a little trip to the washing machine, they are as good as new...and for less than the price of one outfit!

I thought this little blazer and shirt were so cute for Rocklin for this fall/winter. His first big boy blazer...and how cute is the plaid? The GAP blazer was around $3.50 and the shirt was 75 cents!
Of course, baby girl dresses - can you ever really have too many? :)
These are both in great shape and both from Gymboree. Oh, and half-price, too! Each dress was less than $2.

These cute little ruffled-bottom pants are from GAP and were $2 and the sweater was just a Carter's, but looks brand new...and was $1.75.
This dress could be my favorite of my finds today. It's from Janie & Jack (pricey little boutique store in the mall if you are not sure what that is). Lucky me, this was half-price as well, and it ended up costing just $2! You can't really tell, but the ribbon in the pictures is pleated all the way around and is a chocolate brown color.


Thanks for letting me share my finds. I just love hunting for good deals and actually finding some worth bragging about! :) Now if I could just find a dresser for Rocklin's room on a killer deal, we'd be all set.

12 comments:

Jody said...

Oh so cute!! great treasure hunt!!

Wendy said...

I love thrift store shopping too! I just went yesterday with a 50% off coupon and got a few good finds as well. And you're right, a quick spin in the washer and you'd never know they are used!

Valerie: said...

sooo cute, i especially love that last dress!! what a deal!! wish I had one for London!!

LAURA said...

great finds. That last dress is classic, I LOVE it!

Aimee said...

I need to hurry up and move to AZ so I can go thrifting with you... I never find a dang thing but JUNK. (So, I've stopped going.) Love that color on the walls... can't wait to see the final reveal! :)

Judy and Mike said...

You found some great things. I never think to go there.

Alison said...

Love the clothes. A thrift store near us has quarter day once a month for all clothes. Sometimes I find great stuff and I feel like I'm stealing, it's so cheap!

Sarah Young said...

Girl, we HAVE to go thrifting together! You find the best stuff!

Miller Family said...

You found some good stuff. That's great! I can't wait to see Ruby in those dresses! :)

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

You need to send me some of your good thrifting mojo. I never find anything, but I think it's because I'm in Mesa where all the retirees live and heaven knows they don't have any good kid stuff!

the Holyoaks said...

Such great finds! I don't know where to find good second hand things here. There is one store I like to shop in when I go home in Arlington, but their stuff isn't as cheap or cute as the stuff you got. Great job!

megan said...

your house looks great! How do you know Hilary Blankenship? Her and Iwere in the singles ward together for a while