Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Simple Truths

I just wanted to share something that happened to me yesterday, something that was a simple reminder to me that the Lord watches out for us. Rocklin has been sick this week, and whatever he has I got it too...bad. Yesterday I was miserable and couldn't even get out of bed without getting sick. Luckily Adam was able to get home from work a little earlier than usual and was great about taking care of Rocklin while I rested. I told Adam a little later that night that I think I need a blessing to be able to get through the sickness, especially so that I could take care of Rocklin without him around the next day. He said no problem and went ahead and got Rocklin ready for bed and then was going to come in and give me a blessing. Then we heard a knock on the door. It's unusual that anyone comes to our house late at night, so we weren't sure who it could be. Adam opened the door and there were the missionaries, just saying they were in the neighborhood and thought to stop by and say hello to us. They've never been to our apartment before, and I know it was the spirit leading them to our place. The missionaries were able to help Adam give me a blessing. And funny enough I had put together some Christmas goodies in a package for the ladies I visit teach, but was unable to deliver them since with Rocklin sick I wasn't able to go. I had two little goodie packages - one for each missionary.

While I'm still not feeling 100%, I am feeling a lot better than yesterday and I know it's because the Lord was watching out for me and I was able to get a much needed blessing last night. I am so thankful to have the priesthood in my home and also thankful to be able to recognize the simple truths in my life!!

6 comments:

Miller Family said...

That's a great story Kristen. I'm glad you are feeling better and hope Rocklin gets better soon. Elizabeth and I have it too...she's had it since Thanksgiving. ugh We are flying out on Saturday, so I hope it goes away...I don't want a congested baby on a plane.

Sarah Young said...

I love it Kristen! Now more than ever I realize that the Lord gives us obstacles, but he also gives us ways to triumph over them. Thanks for sharing this story, it was pretty timely.

Jody said...

For whatever reason this story you shared with me this morning has been with me all day. Maybe with the news Justin got today it was very timely and appropriate for us all. To be in touch with the Spirit and know Heavenly Father knows us all and our needs and is very much there when we need him. He is so merciful to give us experiences in life, as simple as they may seem ( like the missionaries listening to the Spirit) so we too can feel His Spirit. We have Him and each other.... What a wonderful blessing!!!!!!

Alison said...

What a great story. Thank you for sharing it.

the Holyoaks said...

Isn't is such a blessing to have a husband who holds the priesthood? I don't know what I would do if I didn't. And as a comment on your other posts, you are turning into quite the crafty crafterson! Your books and tags are so cute. You need to live by me so you can help me, the craftily challenged.

Emmy said...

Sweet, sweet, story, Kristen. Hope you both feel better soon!
Emily Slusser
(Adam's cousin's (jacob) wife)