Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve

Well, since it's New Year's Eve, and since I'm going on my third week of bedrest, and since I have nothing better to do, I thought I'd update our blog. Last year we went down to Mill Ave. at ASU to see Third Eye Blind play and ring in the New Year with some friends; that was a lot of fun. This year we got take out from a local favorite restuarant and are going to do our best to stay up to see the ball drop at midnight. Hard to believe this time next year we'll have an almost one year old little boy to celebarte with us!

I've been in the hospital four times now since my blood pressure has decided not to cooperate with my pregnancy, and expect to go for a fifth trip this Wednesday after my doctor's appointment, since that's been the drill for my last four doctor appointments. In fact, last week (day after Christmas) I was admitted for an overnight stay.

As you can see, Adam got quite creative and moved the little couch bed over next to my hospital bed so he could sleep next to me. Bless his heart, the bed was so small and his legs were hanging off the end by a couple of feet, but he didn't complain and just made sure I was comfortable the whole time.


The doctor told me last week that it is possible they could induce my labor in a week and a half to two weeks (meaning in a few days from now)! I knew this baby was coming soon enough, but that soon?!?! I'll know more after my appointment and ultrasound this week, but hopefully all is well and I'll continue to stay on the bedrest to give Rocklin a little more time to grow and develop as much as possible.

I hope everyone out there has a fun time this New Year's Eve! We love all of you and thanks to everyone who has been keeping our little family in your thoughts and prayers. I'll try and post more as time moves along...soon enough we'll have baby pictures to share! (By the way, Santa brought us a nice camera for Christmas this year, so we'll have a lot more pictures to come).

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Hang in there Kristen! IT will all be worth it in the end! We are praying for you! Jennie, Clay and Jack

Salt H2O said...

Your husband is so cute! Man, I can't imagine what you must be feeling, along with being stir crazy! Good Luck!! You're in our prayers.