Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas!!

I promise my next post will have pictures...but for now I wanted to write and wish everyone a big MERRY CHRISTMAS! This is the first time in my "adult" life that I did not send out Christmas cards. I feel kind of guilty, I really wanted to, but I just didn't get to it this year. I'll be sending out baby announcement cards when Rocklin makes his debut, so bare with me until then. Thanks to all my wonderful friends and family who sent us Christmas cards this year - everyone looks so good! It's always fun to read what everyone has been up to over the past year, and especially seeing pictures of everyone!

This year my family is spending Christmas with Adam and I here in Arizona. We are so excited!! Two of my brothers (Daniel and Kevin) drove down from Utah and arrived today, and my parents and twin brothers Aaron and Adam arrive tomorrow - driving in from Georgia! Bless their hearts, that's a heck of a drive from Georgia to Arizona! I'm blessed to have such a wonderful family! They'll be here all week, so I'm sure we'll be taking lots of pictures that I'll post soon enough.

On a separate note, I've been put on bed rest with my pregnancy. This past week I ended up in the hospital on three different occasions, all with super high blood pressure. My doctor says she's sure it's preeclampsia. It seems that the only thing that keeps my blood pressure down is the bed rest, especially laying on my side. This didn't seem too bad at first, but laying on your side all day and all night can get real old, real fast! My doctor says I'll defiantly be delivering early, although at this point I'm not too sure how early. My baby shower is coming up on January 12th, so I hope I can last until at least then! I'm 33 weeks pregnant now, and the baby's lungs are still developing, so hopefully they won't have to induce me prior to him being really strong and healthy. The doctor mentioned possibly having to give me steroids for the baby to help his lungs develop quickly, but the idea of that makes me so nervous. I'm sure what ever ends up happening the good Lord will be watching over both me and the baby. I just need to make sure I do my part and hang in there with the bed rest so I can keep the baby as close to full-term as possible!

2 comments:

Salt H2O said...

Merry Christmas! Good luck with the bed rest. We'll keep you in our prayers. Read lots of good books and I think it's time you got a facebook page.

Sarah Young said...

Hey woman, we're praying for you. Hang in there!