Monday, April 18, 2011

For my LDS friends with little ones

I don't know about you, but church (mainly sacrament meeting) is a constant struggle to get the little ones to sit still, listen and not have to be taken out in the hallway a dozen times! I've been on the hunt for something to keep Rocklin occupied and to help him sit still. I came across these really cute printables on a cute blog called Brown Paper Packages that you can turn into a book for really cheap! There are a few different ones you can print, or do all 4 like I did. Once I had them printed out, I laminated the individual pages, punched a hole in the upper corner and attached them all with a floss ring. Here are some sample pictures from the website SimplyFreshDesigns.com where these cute books were found initially. (And if you click on the link directly above the picture samples, it will take you directly to where you can download the pictures for free).

Children's Quiet Book

Articles of Faith (8x10 posters or 4x6 or 3x5 cards)

Book of Mormon Stories

Prophets and Apostles

Last Sunday was our first time trying these out during Sacrament meeting, and while it did not occupy his time for the entire meeting, he did enjoy looking at them and having Daddy read him the verses that went along with each picture. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Sarah Young said...

That is so AWESOME! Thanks for the tip!!!

Alison said...

I will definitely be doing this - thanks!

Simmons Family said...

thanks for the great idea!