Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Catch-Up

I haven't posted in quite some time! Adam was in California for work for the month of December, then we went out of town for two weeks, and the day after we got back Adam had to fly back to California for work. He just got home last weekend and Rocklin and I are SO glad he's back! I didn't really want to post anything while he was gone because a) there wasn't a whole lot going on here, and b) since my blog isn't private, I didn't want to say anything about him being away.

Anyway, now I get to play catch up! The first exciting thing I neglected to post was Rocklin's 2nd birthday! On January 12th, Rocklin turned 2! I can hardly believe it! He is such a fun little boy. Although slower to start talking then some kids, Rocklin is finally starting to say words and more importantly, use them in the correct context. He just had his 2-year check up at the doctor and he looks great! Sadly, we haven't celebrated yet at all. We are going to get together with Adam's side of the family and celebrate Rocklin's birthday along with some of his cousins, so I'll have to take pictures there and update with pictures later.

The other piece of exciting news is that we found out earlier this week that we are having a baby GIRL!! I am beyond thrilled! As I am sure all of you know, I grew up with 5 brothers and no sisters and I've always wanted a baby girl of my own. When the ultrasound tech told us the baby is a girl I got SOOO excited! I asked her if she was 100% sure because I didn't want a boy popping out after getting all excited for a girl and she said she never says 100%, but she's definitely 99% sure. Yeah!! I've already begun buying cute little outfits and hair accessories. (And now I can be putting my new found hair-bow making skills to good use!). Poor Adam, I hope he knows what he's getting himself into! JK...he's excited to have a little girl as well.

I know Ultrasound pictures are only exciting to the parents to be and the grandparents, but I thought I'd share my favorite one - she was waving hi to us and her little hand is clear as day in this picture (the hand is towards the top):

As for a baby girl name, well, we are very undecided at the moment. We have a few names we each like, but not one that we are both totally sold on. It may be awhile until we can agree on one! The good news is that the middle name has long been established as Marie since that is the middle name of me, my Mother, my Grandmother and Adam's Mother.

Adam took me out on a date when he got home since we hadn't seen each other in a while. It was nice to get out and get a baby-sitter for Rocklin. We had a great time! Here are a few pictures from the date:

And I had to share this one...for those of you who haven't seen Adam in a while, he looks GREAT! I'm so proud of him for all the weight he's lost. He also grew a beard and the hair on his head. He's so cute! :)

That is about it for now. Now that our life is back to normal I hope to post updates and pictures more often.

15 comments:

LAURA said...

congratulations kristen! girls are so fun. and the middle name of marie runs in our families too! is adam working in CA now?

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

I love ultrasound photos! Her little hand is so darn cute. I'm just so excited for you to have a girl - they are so fun to shop for as I am sure you have already discovered.

Be sure to tell Adam that he looks awesome!

Sarah Young said...

Kristen by the looks of her hands, she could be a hand model like her mother! NIce, slender fingers! I'm secretly glad that you haven't celebrated Rock's birthday yet, since I am yet to get my act together and get something in the mail for him! I'll do it tomorrow! :)

McB's said...

WOW I can totally see her hand, that is so cute! Yah for you guys being able to go on a date! Are you still in the apt?

Valerie: said...

cant wait to hear what her name will be. I am a fan of Marie. That is London's middle name!

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Laura - Adam is still working in AZ, but he had a job he was managing that was out in Northern San Francisco and he had to be onsite for it.

Lisa - Yes, we are still in the apartment if you can believe that! But we are so done with it. Our lease is up in April and we will be moving out then. I can't wait to have more space and a backyard for Rocklin to get his energy out!

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't post when her husband is gone or the family is going on vacation. I am always surprised when people put that info on blogs/facebook. It's like a welcome note to all burglars! Congrats on the little girl. I know you are so excited!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Simmons Family said...

I am so excited you are having a girl too!!!! It is so much fun because you have your own little baby doll to dress up each day. I know that she is going to be dressed super cute with you as a mom!!!
Adam, you are looking good!!!

Simmons Family said...

I am so excited you are having a girl too!!!! It is so much fun because you have your own little baby doll to dress up each day. I know that she is going to be dressed super cute with you as a mom!!!
Adam, you are looking good!!!

Judy and Mike said...

She looks darling waving already. Adam looks thinner than I have ever seen him. You looks great too.

Christel said...

CONGRATS Kristen!! I am SOOOO excited for you guys!..and it gives the rest of us the hope that you can have a boy and a girl! :) Adam you look awesome! We really miss seeing you guys! We gotsta hang out soon!

Jennie said...

So excited for you to have a girl! You will love it! And having one of each is so fun! Congrats!

Aimee said...

YAY for a little girl! Congratulations, I'm so excited for you guys! :)