Saturday, September 19, 2009

Scrapbook Convention

I've been looking forward to today for about a week now...I went to a local scrapbook convention because I scored some free tickets off of Craigslist. Well, sadly the show itself was a bit disappointing. I'm glad I didn't actually pay for the tickets, but I'll admit it was fun to get out and meet up with an old girlfriend of mine who now lives in Phoenix (who I first met in my Atlanta Singles Ward).

It was nothing like the Creating Keepsakes convention (which I LOVE), but they did have a vendor fair and that is what I mainly went for anyway. I only walked away with a handful of things and spent less than $10 total. Can you believe that? I told my friend Shannon that I'm like a 14 year old girl stuck in a 30 year-old's body because I love all things pink and sparkly - notice all the pink in the picture. Here's what I ended up with:

I did one little make-and-take (the red/white Christmas card) and the rest I bought. The little rolled yards of ribbon were 10/$1 and you can never have too much ribbon. The grab-bags were misc. glittered letters and one was packed full of flowers as well; those were $2 each. I think I'm most excited about the glue adhesive I bought. It's called Beacon's 3-In-1 Advanced Craft Glue. It was only $3.50 and the lady totally sold me on it. I hope it's as good as she claims it is. Has anyone ever tried it? I'm always looking for good adhesive. I only bought one piece of paper. I really wanted to get some Basic Grey paper (my absolute favorite line of paper), but only one booth was selling it - they only had Halloween & Christmas designs - and I was really looking for paper for every day projects.

Even though it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, at least I got out kid-free this morning and had fun looking around! (And if it were any bigger, I probably would have spent more money, so it's probably a GOOD thing it wasn't all that...haha!).

Speaking of Scrapbooking, did you know that October 3, 2009 is World Card Making Day? Did you even know there was such a thing? I'm excited and better get to thinking what kind of card I want to make! I encourage all of you to do the same...get creative and make a card for someone! To me, there is nothing better than making and sending a card to someone to brighten their day. And stay tuned, because in honor of this fun day I think I'm going to do a giveaway that has something to do with cards when the date gets a little closer!

2 comments:

Jody said...

you inspired me so I have all my card making stuff on the table for a lazy Sun. afternoon. I got out my Halloween stuff. should be fun...but, I need you here for ideas!! Sorry the convention wasn't all that, but the day out was worth it I'm sure!

Simmons Family said...

Looks like you had fun there. I will try and be crafty like you. You are my idol :)