Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hawaii

I got back late last night from my trip to Hawaii. A great friend of mine from Texas, Angie, got married in Oahu on Monday. I was lucky enough to get to go to Hawaii for her wedding to Troy. I met up with some of my best friends there - Hillary, Heather and Jennifer. The wedding was beautiful - right on the beach. An old vegan surfer guy married them; his name was Captain Howie. He did a great job with the ceremony. All in all we had a very enjoyable time, minus the fact that my body swelled up so much I felt like the Marshmallow Man by the time I flew home. I never thought I'd be "that girl" that got cankles when she was pregnant. Boy was I wrong. I got SO swollen - I think it must have been from all the walking around, especially in the sand, and the humidity. Enough whining out of me though, I know you all want to see pictures, so here they are:
Here's the happy couple, Angie and Troy:

Here's Captain Howie blowing into the Conch Shell...he blew into 3 times, all representing different wishes to the couple:
Troy, the Groom:

Angie, the beautiful Bride:

Hillary & Jennifer:


I had to shout out to my cute husband since I was at a wedding and it brought back wedding memories of my own wedding:




The sunset was absolutely beautiful:

I wasn't kidding about my cankles. I took this picture after what felt like a Chariots of Fire jaunt across the beach to get to the actual wedding ceremony (and lucky for me the swelling has gone down a ton since I've returned home):

Here's one more breathtakingly (is that a word?) beautiful view of the beach from a lookout point we stopped at:


You'll have to forgive me for the poor quality of the rest of these pictures. Our digital camera broke so I was stuck with two Kodak FunShare disposable cameras while in Hawaii, and the flash was struggling.

I bought baby Rocklin an adorable Hawaiian outfit while shopping for souvenirs. He'll match his Gramps (my Dad) because his Gramps likes these kinds of shirts!


My wonderful friends threw me a surprise mini-baby shower while we were in Hawaii. How thoughtful of them and how fun for me! They got me some super cute stuff.




We walked around this little area of Waikiki called The International Marketplace where you can buy souvenirs and such. Here are all of us girls taking a picture break:


Troy's parents treated everyone to a Hawaiian Luau the night before the wedding. It was so much fun! Here we all are (Kristen, Hillary, Angie, Heather and Jennifer) just after sunset:



Here I am in all my six months of pregnant glory on the beach:


Jennifer, Angie & Heather looked so cute in their matching Hawaiian dresses headed to the Luau

Congratulations, Angie & Troy! Thank you for letting me celebrate with you. I wish the two of you the best of luck in starting your new married life together. I love you guys!!

4 comments:

Sarah Young said...

Man, I'm ready for a little trip to Hawaii! It looks like it was fun and you are looking cute as a button, prego! Thanks for sharing your pics!

Jody said...

What fun you girls had. I'm so glad you got to go...Cankles and All!!!! Your tummy is adorable...

Love, MOM

Jody said...

I'm jealous!! But I'm so glad you got to go to the wedding. What fun memories you guys made!You are adorable with that cute belly!!!

Love you, MOM

Salt H2O said...

What a fun trip! DUDE you did have mad cankles!! Wow, something to look forward to.

However you did look fabulous, at least you're gaining the weight in the ankles, and not in your neck!