Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Books

I love to read. At night before bed, I read while Adam watches T.V. I've been needing a good book for a while now, so I hit up the library yesterday. My favorite author is Jodi Picoult. She writes fiction novels about relationships, family, love, etc. Her books always tug at my heartstrings, and I was lucky enough to find her latest release at the library yesterday! I highly recommend her books. Anyway, has anyone read her latest? "Handle With Care." I only have seven days to read it since it's a new release I guess they want it back ASAP...which means I have a lot of reading to do this week!


The other book I checked out is called "These is My Words". (And how sad is it that I can't remember if the title of a book is supposed to be underlined, in quotations or italicized. Also, does the period go before the end quote or after? I think I need to go back to school!!). Anyway, has anyone read this book? It came highly recommend by my sister-in-law Katie and I've read some good reviews online. I'm anxious to read this one as well, but it will have to wait until after "Handle With Care." (Again with the quotes and punctuation!!).

Maybe I'll do a review post once I've finished with both books to let you know what I think of them. Meanwhile, if you have any good book suggestions (preferably ones that I can check out at the library) please leave a comment and let me know! I'm always looking for a good book to read. (And thanks to Jenn for your recent recommendations as well).

7 comments:

Aimee said...

LOVE Jodi Picoult! Handle with Care was very good... so was Nineteen Minutes.

These Is My Words is probably one of my most favorite books, ever. http://sprik.blogspot.com/2008/07/recent-read.html Haven't had a chance to read the other books in the trilogy, but I plan on it someday!

Also check out Jennifer Weiner (author)... I enjoy everything she writes.

Aunt Wendie said...

Hi Kristen,

I'll have to get ahold of Handle with Care. These is My Words is a wonderful book, as all this author's are (I can't remember her name!!). I highly recommend them!

Love you.

Dave & Heather said...

Long works (like books) are underlined. Short works (like poems) are in quotations. And I THINK the period goes after. Punctuation was never my strong point. I can't remember what you italicize.

I feel like such a nerd.

kelly said...

I love These is My Words!! Hope you like it, too!!

Wendy said...

The period actually goes before the quotations...I'm totally the grammar nerd! haha :)

Alison said...

Titles of books are underlined OR italicized - both are correct. And the punctuation goes inside the quotation marks.

Trish said...

Hey Adam B.-
I got your message on our blog and found your blog through Cheryl's. It's so good to see how you are doing and your family is absolutely adorable! Take Care!
Trish