Saturday, November 1, 2008

UN-Happy Halloween

Last night as we were getting ready to go to a friend's for a Halloween get together, Rocklin put something in his mouth. When we went to get it out, he had already started choking on it. (Not exactly sure what it is, although when I put my finger in his mouth to try and get it out, it felt like plastic). Rocklin started choking and gasping for air, so needless to say we were freaking out!! Our poor baby couldn't breathe so Adam gave him the baby version of the Heimlich maneuver and hitting his back to try and get the object to come out. He threw up, but still the object did not come out so we ended up rushing him to the ER since he was struggling to breathe. When we got to the ER they saw us right away and did an x-ray to see if they could see if something was stuck in his esophagus. We think he must have ended up swallowing whatever it was he was choking on because he started breathing on his own and by the time we were waiting on the doctor, Rocklin was his happy little self.

Needless to say this wasn't the SCARY Halloween we were hoping for!! Poor little guy didn't even get to wear his dinosaur costume, although I think he's secretly happy about that. I took some pictures with my phone in the waiting room so I could document Rocklin's first Halloween experience.

Adam entertained Rock by blowing up a plastic glove balloon.

As you can tell, little Rock man loved the balloon.

Mommy and Rock (and also a shot of my new haircut/color).

Daddy and Rock chillin. Whenever you feed Rocklin, he likes to grab and squeeze the skin on your neck like he's doing to Adam here...It hurts!!

I had to capture this moment because Rocklin NEVER holds his own bottle. He likes for us to feed him, but Adam got him to hold his own bottle for a bit. Yahoooo!! Let's hope he keeps it up.
This is just a random picture, but I like he's beautiful hair in it!

13 comments:

Simmons Family said...

Wow, that is a little scary there. I am glad that everything turned out ok!

LAURA said...

Oh no how awful! Somehow you guys look like you're having fun though. Not only was this Rocklin's first halloween, but his first (of many) ER experience as well! So glad he's doing better, he is getting so big.

McB's said...

Oh my gosh Kristen how totally scary for you guys! I'm so glad it turned out happy and these are just some of the moments you will never forget being a mommy!

Sarah Young said...

Man, I'm glad your mom wasn't there, she would have FREAKED OUT! No choking allowed with Jody around! :) I'm glad it all turned out okay, hopefully it won't hurt his bum on the way out the other end! Haha!

P.S. Your hair is looking mighty sassy!

MUTHABOMB said...

I agree....very sassy!!!

Poor Mom and Dad! It probably traumatized you guys more than him! Its very scary when something Emergent like that happens to your baby! Glad everything went ok!

Valerie: said...

omg poor little guy. I am so glad nothing serious happened and he was able to breath again. Did you ever see what it was? is it still inside of him? Too bad he missed halloween but he'll have more fun next year anyways when he can run to each house!!

Tracy E said...

Glad he is okay! How scary for you all. He is continuing to get sooooooo cute. What a good natured little guy. He looks like such a happy camper even after all the trauma. By the way, I love his blond hair!

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

You poor thing! What a scary thing to go through. And don't you love how he's like, "I couldn't breathe...but who cares?" I thought I was scared when Caralie broke her wrist at 2, but choking is certainly more frightening. I'm so glad things worked out okay.

By the way, I LOVE YOUR HAIR! Where do you go?

Salt H2O said...

That's a terrible halloween! But I'm glad Rock is ok- he is absolutley adorable!

Ok, I'm scared again to be a mommy.

Brittany said...

I'm glad that Rocklin is ok...I can't believe how much hair he has...must take after his daddy right, haha!!!

Justin Young said...

lucky you. now he just gets to poop it out.

yeah, enjoy that.

Amazing Grace said...

OMG! I hope he's ok... He looks soo big... Can't believe I haven't met him
:(

Tiffany said...

Wow!! Poor little guy!! That's great that you guys knew what to do to try and get it out but how scary!! Glad he is alright! And I LOVE your hair - so cute for the winter with the lowlights!