Wednesday, March 18, 2009

American Idol...here's what I think.

So I'm sure a lot of you are tuning in this year to good ol' American Idol. I sure am. I love this show. I even got Adam to watch it with me...not really by choice, but he's a good husband. :) Anyway, I thought I'd break down my thoughts so far this season. Feel free to comment and leave yours - I want to know what you think, too. (And I got all the pictures from HERE).

Adam - I'm sorry dude, but you're weird. The way you like try to make love to the camera when they do close up shots of you...creepy. You can sing, but you're still creepy. What in the heck were you thinking with that seriously strange version of Ring of Fire last night? Oh, and ease up on the makeup, bro.
Alexis - Now this is going to sound pretty rude, but I'm going to say it anyway. You remind me of a trailer-trash type of girl. From the random pink highlights to the awful lipstick you wear every week, I just don't think I can like you. You can sing OK, in fact, for a person as little as you are, you have a pretty strong voice, but I'm still not a fan.

Allison - Homegirl, you can sing. Your personality is seriously lacking, but you can sing like no other. I'm a fan. I like the deepness in your voice and think you can really work the stage. I find you entertaining, which is the reason we all watch the show. Keep up the good work.

Anoop - Hmm. I'm torn on you. At first I really liked you, then I thought you were trying way too hard, but then after last night's show, you won me back....for now, at least. I think I'd like to see you stay around for a few more weeks just to see what else you have up your sleeve.

Danny - Oh, Danny. What can I say. I love you! I have loved you since the beginning. You sing well, you're cute and you have a touching story. I hope you make it to the final two.

Kris - You are innocently cute to me. I like the way you sing and the way they always zoom in on your cute wifey during the show. I like a guy who can rock an acoustic guitar and I'd love to have you around the next campfire singalong I go to. (Which we all know, I'm not a big campfire girl, but if I were, I'd want Kris there to entertain). I think you'll be around on the show for a good while, but don't think you'll make it to the top.
Lil - First of all, what is your real name? Adam thinks it's really Lil, and I think that is just a nickname. Can you clear that one up for us, please? Anyway, you have some serious lungs my friend, but last night was rough for you. Overall, I like you OK, but you're not my favorite by any means. I think I just like you on R&Bish type of songs, period.

Matt - I wonder who I love more...You or Danny? I really like your voice. You remind me of one of my all-time favs, JT. I love the way you sing. I love that you can rock the piano. I think I'd buy your CD. I can't wait to see more of you on the show.Megan - Megan from Sandy. To me you seem like one of those Mormon-girl-gone-bad types. And seriously, WHAT is up with that stupid hip-shake-dance-move you do ALL the time? It looks so corny, just so you know. I think you have an OK voice - it's different, that's for sure - but I'd be OK if you got voted off tonight.Michael - Dude, at first I really liked you. I thought you were cute and could sing pretty good. But since the beginning, you've continued to let me down. I don't think I'm a fan anymore. Scott - Well, you are inspiring for sure. You are an excellent piano player and an OK singer, in my opinion. I agree with what Paula said last night - show us something different. I'm afraid all you got in you is the soft, piano-playing type of music. Which, don't get me wrong, it's nice, but it's not what I want to see in the next American Idol. So there you have it. My take on the current top 11. Once a few more get whittled off the show, I may come back and recap my thoughts again (if I have another boring morning like I had this morning). Oh, and I know I'm a big nerd for writing this post, but it was fun.
Now, comment and tell me who you like!!!


5 comments:

Jody said...

OK Kristen, I think you have too much time on your hands to give such a disertation on these people!! HA.... J/K!!!

Sarah Young said...

I haven't watched it lately but I thought that Norman Gentle guy was HILARIOUS! Too bad he apparently got the boot!

Ashley said...

Ok, you and I have EXACTLY the same opinion on everyone.... I am gonna give it to Danny! I have to say Anoop and Adam BUG me sooo bad!! I really won't be sad when they leave and if Adam wins, I am gonna barf...

hjofam said...

I love reading your blog. You are so creative. I was reading in a magazine about all of the contestants, and Lil' is her real name, not a nick name. At least that's what was in the magazine.

P.S. If you don't know who I am, my name is Cami. Adam and my husband, Erik, were friends in CA. If you want to keep up on our family, our blog address is: www.hjofam.blogspot.com

McB's said...

Seriously you crack me up! I personally LOVE Adam and hope he wins, he's a little dramatic but what do you expect from an actor. I do agree that last week's Ring of Fire was a train wreck but he's one of my favs. Didn't he look really good last night though? WOW what a makeover! I also like Scott and Matt but now Anoop is back on game and I really like his voice. Hmmm, I think they are all good this year, this is a hard one for me except for Michael, nice guy but no, needs to go now. So there's my opinion in a nut shell :)