Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Blog

I miss blogging. I really do! We have had so much going on around here lately that blogging has taken a backseat to the craziness that we call life. Luckily for us, both kids are better now from the RSV. Phew....that was a LONG week and a half! Both Rocklin and Ruby are back to their playful little personalities. Ruby is such a spit-fire these days! She has such sass and is so playful. She is already over 8 months old (her 8-month pic coming soon). Hard to believe my little Miss with be ONE in just a few short months!! Rocklin is still in love with everything "choo-choo." We're hoping to take him to a Thomas the Train event here in AZ next weekend, so I will be sure to post about that if we do in fact end up going.

Things are going well with our business; Adam is staying busy with work projects and enjoying working for himself. He's also back to training for an upcoming triathlon. It's amazing to see how happy he is when he is in the midst of training - he really enjoys the biking, running and swimming. If I had to guess, I'd probably say the biking is his favorite. I told him the other day how he makes riding long distances seem like a piece of cake. He assured me that it is hard work, but that he loves doing it. I've been busy with a little side venture of my own, and I can assure you it has nothing to do with triathlons, which I'm in the process of getting up and running. I'll post more about that later.

In other news, I'm going in for surgery tomorrow morning. I'm having my gallbladder removed. It is such a blessing to have my parents in Arizona now; they are taking the kids for the night since my surgery is scheduled for first thing in the morning. I think we'll sneak in a movie tonight since we'll be "kid-less" for the first time in ages! I pre-warned Adam that he is not allowed to ask any incriminating questions or take any photos of me coming out of anesthesia! I've only had one surgery in my life (sinus surgery) where they put me completely out and I do not recall it being a pleasant experience. But regardless, I'm praying (and hoping) that all goes well and that I will be back to normal in no time flat.

That's about it for now from us. Just an update on life. I realize posts without pictures are so boring...so next post will have pictures for sure!

2 comments:

Valerie: said...

hope everything goes well with your surgery..omg i cannot believe ruby is 8 months either...crazy!!

Lawana said...

How did the surgery go? Surgery sucks! You can't move for like a week... Did your parents actually move to Arizona!? How cool is that? I guess there was no competition with your brothers vs grandkids.