Friday, September 3, 2010

Lately

We really haven't been up to too much at our house lately, but I thought I'd share a few recent pictures and happenings.

We've been trying to work with Rocklin on discipline and doing what we ask him to do. We've also been working on potty training (which could be another post by itself). Like any other two year old, listening is not one of his best skills as of yet. I made him this "good boy chart" that he got to put up a sticker anytime he did something good - being nice to his sister, going potty in the toilet, putting away his toys, doing what we ask, etc. We told him when he filled up his chart full with smile stickers then he would get a really big prize. Although he still has a lot to learn with listening, etc., he did earn his prize and he was soooo excited when we gave him his Go, Diego, Go bike! It's funny because he needs about one more inch before he can fully reach the petals, but for now he just scoots around on it and he loves it. In fact, last night at 2:46 a.m., I woke up to the sound of him riding his bike into our room and wanting to play. He was so bummed when I told him no bike and that he had to go back to bed!



Miss Ruby is a strong little lady! Basically from birth she has had really good control of her neck and head. She is pretty good with tummy time. Today I got some pictures of her just chillin during her tummy time. So cute. :)


Rocklin is always asking to "hold her, hold her" with his arms outstretched. He loves his little sister! (And he needs a haircut, but what else is new? The kid's hair grows sooo fast...just like his Momma's).
Tonight Adam and I went out on a date! We had a lot of fun just being alone without a baby to hold or a toddler to entertain. We went for Sushi and then to Barnes and Noble. My parents were nice enough to watch the kiddos so we could take this much needed break!

7 comments:

Sarah Young said...

Kristen, your hair is looking FABULOUS!

Valerie: said...

haha omg i cannot believe the hours that boy wakes up. I so wish i had his energy. Ruby just keeps getting cuter and cuter if that is even possible. Miss you guys!!

Aimee said...

Yes, yes... CUTE hair! and extra CUTE babies, too! Can't believe how big Ruby is getting.

the Holyoaks said...

So adorable! I love that Rocklin got up in the middle of the night to ride his bike. That sounds like something Audrey would do. I'm so jealous you guys got to go on a real date! I've forgotten what those are like. Fun!

Simmons Family said...

too funny he got up in the middle of the night! Also I love the good boy chart. I might have to steal that idea!! I love Rudy's hair in your last post-too cute!!!

Brittany said...

Ruby is seriously adorable....you guys produce some cute kiddos

Salt H2O said...

love love love the pictures posted!