Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Baby Update

This post is mostly so I don't forget this information! Yesterday I had an ultrasound. Baby Girl is looking great! It was fun to see her little face...and it's fun to compare what she looks like now to what Rocklin looked like on his ultrasounds. So far, it looks like they share the same cute little button nose! Tomorrow I'll be 29 weeks, however, the baby is measuring at almost 31 weeks! She weighs an estimated 3 lbs. 6 oz. right now, which means she's a little chunker! It's funny to think that we might have a chubby little baby this time around, because Rocklin was so tiny! Although he was delivered 5 weeks early, he weighed 5 lbs. 3 oz. at birth, and was only 4 lbs. 12 oz. when we brought him home from the hospital! He was such a tiny little thing.


One thing my doctor did mention, is that it looks like I have a high level of amniotic fluid. I have a follow-up ultrasound in 3 weeks, at which time we'll check to see if the amount of fluid keeps increasing. She said that since the baby is big, this isn't a surprise there is more fluid, but we just want to check it again in a few weeks to be sure all is well. Has anyone else out there had this same thing happen? I'm just curious if anyone had complications because of this. Knock on wood, this pregnancy has been relatively stress-free for me, especially given all the complications I had while pregnant with Rocklin. Maybe my body handles baby girls better than baby boys or maybe because this is not my first pregnancy my body is just taking it all in stride this time? Who knows, but I am grateful for my health and the baby's health so far!!


4 comments:

Valerie: said...

glad things are going well...she will be so cute and plump. I do not know anything about that fluid stuff...hope it is ok though.

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

Yay for Baby Girl! I can't wait to see her, I know she'll be just as adorable as Rocklin.

As for the fluid, I understand that the concern is for when your water breaks. If there is too much fluid there is a possibility of cord prolapse. I wouldn't worry too much about it because they can treat it either with amniocentesis or by manually rupturing your membranes at delivery (to control the flow). Another reason not to worry: the excess fluid more often than not resolves on it's own. Hope that helps. You'll probably get better info from someone who's had the same thing.

You and Baby Girl will be fine, but I'll keep you in my prayers just the same!

Simmons Family said...

glad to hear that things are going so good. you are going to have so much fun with you new baby girl!

the Holyoaks said...

You are so cute and crafty. I love your little bow craft. It is beautiful. My doctor did ultrasounds with both of my kids late in my pregnancies because I was measuring quite big and she wanted to check for increased fluid. She said too much fluid can be a sign of gestational diabetes even if your glucola test comes back normal. She said if there's too much fluid they would do more extensive testing and I might have to modify my diet. For me there was extra fluid but it was still within the normal range so they didn't worry about it. I wouldn't worry too much. There isn't anything you can do at this point. I'm sure you'll be fine. They just like to be safe!