Sunday, April 5, 2009

30 ain't that bad


So yesterday I turned 30. 30...can you believe it??!! I gotta be honest, I was feeling anxious about turning 30 for a little while. I'm not sure why, age is just a number, right? Anyway, Adam made my birthday so fun yesterday and I'm starting to think that maybe 30 ain't that bad after all. I mean, I am married to a wonderful man, I have a beautiful son, and I'm living my happily ever after! Life is good. Life isn't perfect, but it is very, very good.

I received some fun presents yesterday. The day started when Adam gave me home a dozen red roses and a birthday card with some money for shopping. yeah!!

Then Rock and Adam and I had a little dance party in the living room. Check out this cute video of Rocklin dancing (sorry the video is sideways...not sure how to turn it):

Adam had arranged for his sister Katie and her husband Tyler to watch Rocklin overnight so we could have an evening to ourselves. (THANK YOU KATIE & TYLER!!!!). I'm sure Rocklin enjoyed having lots of playtime with some of his cousins, and we were able to enjoy a night out alone. We first went to the movies (saw Fast & the Furious...Vin Diesel in tight shirt for two hours...now that's a great birthday present) and then went to a fantastic steak dinner. It was our first time at this particular steakhouse, so the manager brought us over a free shrimp cocktail appetizer. And, since it was my birthday, we also received a huge piece of cheesecake on the house! Score! The fillet was incredible and I have to say, it was the best meal I've had in a loooooong time. Then after dinner we went shopping and I bought a couple of things with my birthday money. Afterwards, we came home and enjoyed a quiet hot tub. We picked up Rocklin this morning. What a fun birthday!! Thanks to all my family and friends who helped make it special.

9 comments:

LAURA said...

happy happy birthday! I agree, 30 isn't that bad!

Miller Family said...

HEY! Happy belated Birthday...I didn't forget, but didn't get online. Sounds like you had a GREAT day!

caffeine head said...

i still don't understand what is the appeal of Vin Diesel -- it's gotta be either his gravelly voice or his cool name

Valerie: said...

hey...sorry i never called you to officially wish you a happy birthday! Things were busy with eric and his gang here. They left last night to stay at his friend's brother's house that lives in mesa too so we didn't get to see him for that long. He said to say hi and he wishes he could have seen you. I will talk to you soon, i guess you are coming over on tuesday but i will call before then.

Sarah Young said...

HOORAY! I'm so glad you had a great 30th! Sounds like it was a total goody!

Unknown said...

What a slacker friend I am to not remember your b'day. It's because you left me out here in Georgia!

It sounds like you had a great day...happy belated birthday!

Miss you!

Miller Family said...

Happy Birthday, even though it is belated! It sounds like you had a great time together.

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

I'll have to make my husband read this post so I'll have a good 30th too. I LOVE the last photo of you guys - Rocklin is hilarious!

Happy Birthday!!!

Tracy E said...

I'm sorry, I didn't know it was your birthday! Happy 30th! I always love reading your blog and and all about that way darling Rocklin. Wish you lived closer to talk with you at lunch again. Sometime.......